|Family Dollar Sto||78.99||+0.41||+0.52%|
|Dollar Tree, Inc.||66.39||+0.52||+0.79%|
- Walmart matches competitors’ select Black Friday deals one week early November 20, 2014Walmart just upped the ante once again.
- B&M set for UK expansion, to create 2,500 jobs November 19, 2014British discount retailer B&M European Value Retail SA is planning to create 2,500 jobs by late March next year amid the growing clout of discounters in the UK market.
- Discount.ae buys out Gadalla.com to become a leading UAE online retailer November 18, 2014The UAE now can add another large online retail chain to emirate residents.
- Aldi acquires Bottom Dollar Food store locations November 11, 2014Germany-based discount supermarket chain Aldi has signed a $15m deal with Belgium’s food retailer Delhaize Group to acquire its Bottom Dollar Food store locations.
- Fred's names Jerry A. Shore chief executive officer October 31, 2014The Board of Directors of Fred's Inc. (FRED) today announced that it has named Jerry A. Shore Chief Executive Officer of the Company. Shore's promotion follows the Board's receipt and acceptance of notification by Bruce A. Efird of his intention to leave the Company upon the expiration of his employment contract.
- Nordstrom to close Mall Of Georgia store In Buford, Georgia October 30, 2014Nordstrom today announced plans to close its Mall of Georgia Store in Buford, Georgia. Originally opened in 2000, the store will remain open to serve customers through its last day of business on February 28, 2015.
- Family Dollar certifies substantial compliance with FTC’S second requests October 22, 2014Family Dollar Stores, a leading national discount retailer offering name brands and quality, private brand merchandise, announced today that it has certified substantial compliance with the Federal Trade Commission’s Request for Additional Information and Documentary Materials, dated September 8, 2014, regarding the proposed acquisition of Family Dollar by Dollar Tree.