|Dollar Tree, Inc.||72.07||+1.82||+2.59%|
|Family Dollar Sto||76.93||+0.49||+0.64%|
- Target calls it quits in Canada January 16, 2015Target Corporation is bidding adieu to Canada by closing all of its 133 stores after two years of operations, putting more than 17, 000 jobs at risk.
- Dollar Tree CEO loses patience in Family Dollar deal, demands shareholder vote January 13, 2015Dollar Tree CEO Bob Sasser has lashed out at his Family Dollar counterpart over the delay in shareholder vote for the $8.5bn acquisition deal of Family Dollar, saying that any further delays are “unacceptable.”
- Family Dollar merger investigation plot thickens with entry of 20 state attorneys general January 12, 2015More action seems to be in store for the acquisition drama of American discounter Family Dollar Stores by rivals Dollar General Corp and Dollar Tree Inc. as close to 20 state attorneys general join the Federal Antitrust Commission (FTC) investigation of the deal.
- Target offers shoppers convenience and great deals during final week of holiday season December 17, 2014With one week until Christmas, Target Corp. today announced that it will continue to offer guests unbeatable last-minute deals and free shipping on Target.com – where orders placed through Saturday, Dec. 20, can still be delivered by Christmas.
- Aldi’s new UK distribution centre plans to create 400 jobs December 11, 2014German discount chain Aldi plans to create 400 jobs in the UK with a new distribution centre that will soon come up in Sawley, southeast Derbyshire.
- US judge says Target must face the music December 3, 2014American retailer Target suffered a major setback recently, when a federal judge tossed its request to dismiss a lawsuit by banks seeking to recover their money which was spent on reimbursements and issuance of new cards in the wake of last year’s data breach.
- Black Friday loses sheen as weekend sales decline 11% in US December 2, 2014Retail spending over the Thanksgiving weekend in the US registered a fall of 11% to $50.9bn, as per preliminary survey results released by the National Retail Federation (NRF).